Friday, September 25, 2009

A Plan?

Pasted together parts of emails:

This plan comes from all the intel we gathered from Romulus and Nokul (Staterais father), lets kill 2 birds with one stone…

To Nikal via Romulus…

A few questions about this item we are looking for…I understand his need for privacy, but we do need to know some things

1. Is it a weapon that can be used against us? And if so what can we do to protect us from it.

2. Is it an item that can foil our plan i.e. divinatory?

3. What does it look like so we know what we are looking for.

4. are there any special transportation needs for the item.

5. Other than the leader who would have knowledge of this item i.e. Nokul, Statreias father, heard about it through his time there, etc.

6. The leader apparently has the item, what can Nokul tell us about that?

As far as the plan goes…I really like it, anyone ideas as they see fit. All we need is to survive in the underdark undetected till the war party passes, correct? If we guarantee that we retrieve this item, Please tell me that Nikal and Romulus can wait the NEEDED time frame…does he want his item or not?

Could lead to some interesting stuff in the underdark!

Nifen would rather pissoff one wizard and try to run and hide for the rest of his life than perform a suicide mission into the underdark against a city of psychopaths, cutthroats and murder’s that use mind control and poison…(this is like telling me to go into Tibet and retrieve a holy relic, act like a native of the village of 300, I don’t look the part (not the same race), I don’t act the part (speak the language), Totally alien geography, and so on…am I acting a little too concerned?

Other than helping Romulus with his task, as far as I was concerned my business venture with Nikal, any and all agreements were completed when we delivered the first caravan to Na’al and back…so I ask, what is in this for us from Nikal? There was NO talk from Nikal as to a continuation of the old contract or any new contract. I hope he didn’t assume that we would be doing this for free?

I am doing this more for the elves of Na’al than anything. Which means that I would not go to the city and wait for the Drow t come to us. The more I think about this the more the arrogance of Nikal bothers me. This could be a misunderstanding but alas I feel as though I am being taken advantage of.



...

I have another idea about infiltrating the drow city and securing the item for romulus…talking to Nokul (staterias father) what does he believe will be the attacking strength of the drow war party on Na’al? Will they empty the city of its warriors and leave a skeleton crew in place?

My idea is to get into the tunnels of the Drow, outside the city and hole up waiting for the drow warparty to leave their city and pass us. Once that occurs and we are disguised as Nokul says he can, (members of the city, hopefully those that left in the war party) we can enter and find the item in question with considerable less pople in town i.e. warriors and matriarchs and so on.

We find and secure the item, leave town, travel in the direction of the node (our way back).

In the meantime the elves of Na’al have an ambush planned at the site of the node, waiting for the drow to surface. If the node is underground then there has to be a tunnel leading to the surface. Once the drow are out in the open forest and just away from the entrance to the cavern leading to the node the elves of Na’al attack in their home geography with advantage. Hopefully collapsing the enterence to the tunnel leading to the node (not the node itself) blocking the Drows retreat into their natural geography.

When we have the item we are looking for, we follow up the rear and grab any stragglers left behind or press the attack from the rear and pinch the drow war party from behind…if the surface cavern has been collapsed already upon our return then we either try and dig ourselves out or find another way to the surface…or Nikal being the master of teleportation that he is can come and get us…make your self useful old man

...
one more thing...if the leader who has this "item" plans of leading the attack on Na'al...all the better for us. we can follow the war party from behind and attack after the skirmish starts with the surface elves and the drow. trying to cut off the head of the snake and retrieve the item.
...
As the discussion ensures around the fire, Jameyes gets up, walks around, sits back down, occasionally appearing to following the conversation, but drifting off to follow invisible figures cloaked in the dark.

Rarely one to add voluntarily to a conversation, when asked, Jameyes pauses, gets up, and states: "I will go where I am needed to help save the elves." His once choppy words, like his once wild arching sword, becoming more even lately.

He paces around the end of the fire light, keeping an eye once again on any potential enemies lurking in the dark
.
...
nifen raising an eyebrow nudges stateria and says, "see he is coming out of his shell. If we can add one word a day then my the end of the month we may get a conversation.
...

"Conversation? You can wait for him to string two sentences together, not me. If you want to teach the buffoon how to talk, be my guest. I’m more interested in getting out of this shit hole. And if the only exit is into the depths of hell, show me the road.”

Stateira stands up, circles the fire and looks at each party member in the eyes.

“I think we should walk right in there and tear them up. I’m no longer afraid of pain. I welcome it. Let’s spend a couple of days in Na’al stocking up on gear and then we should head right into them.”

“I say we sneak right into their town and destroy it. I don’t want to sit around and wait for them to do something. I want to get in there and find out what they’re up to. If they’re going to abandon or leave a small group in their city then let’s go in and raise it to the ground. We’ll let them know that we’ve crushed their town before they even get to Na’al.” She clenches her fist as if there’s a bug in it.

“If they’re going to just send out small groups, then let’s crush each one of them as they leave, until the thing appears,” motioning to Romulus, “and then lets rip it out of their bloody, dying, hands.”

Still circling the seated group, she says, “Either way, we should go in now and find out what they’re up to.” Walking up to Nifen, Stateira looks deeply into his eyes, puts her finger under his chin, raises his face so that they are looking eye to eye and says, “I’m not worried about them, I can tell lies to anyone and have them believe me.” Pulling her finger away, she addresses the group, “I’ll go in and find out their plans. All you have to do is wait outside.”


No comments:

Post a Comment